Wintershall starts first oil production in Danish North Sea

WINTERSHALL

Wintershall Noordzee operates 25 platforms and seven subsea production systems in the Dutch, English, German and Danish sectors of the North Sea.

Ravn paves the way for potential further oil and gas developments in this region


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Share on LinkedIn
+

Wintershall Noordzee BV has commenced production from its first own-operated Danish oil field, the Dutch-based company said in a press release on April 19.

The Ravn field (Block 5/06) produces oil from a depth of approximately 4,000 metres via a newly constructed production platform in the Danish North Sea, some 300 kilometres North of the Dutch town of Den Helder. The produced crude oil is transported via a subsea pipeline to Wintershall Noordzee’s A6-A processing platform located around 18 kilometers from the Ravn platform, where it is fed into the existing export network to the Netherlands.

Wintershall Noordzee BV, which is a joint venture between Wintershall Holding GmbH (50%) and Russia’s Gazprom International (50%), is developing the Ravn field in a phased manner using an “Appraisal through Development” concept. This concept will enable the company to continuously gather valuable performance data on well productivity and the lateral extent of the reservoir. Analysis of this data will provide the basis for and contribute to further field development options. “Production start-up of the Ravn field has commenced thanks to the perseverance, innovation and dedication of our teams,” Wintershall Noordzee BV Managing Director Robert Frimpong said. “Ravn paves the way for potential further oil and gas developments in this region.”

Wintershall has been active in the North Sea for more than 50 years. Wintershall Noordzee BV owns a 63.64% share in the Ravn field. The Danish state-owned oil and gas company Nordsøfonden holds the remaining 36.36% as licensing partner.

One of the largest producers of natural gas in the Netherlands, Wintershall Noordzee operates 25 platforms and seven subsea production systems in the Dutch, English, German and Danish sectors of the North Sea.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Share on LinkedIn
+