Around 100 people are believed to have drowned in the Mediterranean Sea on Thursday, after their dinghy capsized off the Libyan coast.

Their smuggler abandoned them in high seas without a motor.

27 survivors had been rescued by an oil tanker and were later transferred to the Bourbon Argos, a boat of the Médecins Sans Frontières charity (MSF).

Seven bodies were recovered.

A survivor said there were 130 were on board the vessel. Survivors said most of the people tried to stay afloat bu...


This story is part of New Europe's Premium content.

To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In from the ↑ Top of the Page ↑
new europe join now